Since 1948 the Southern Early Childhood Association has brought together preschool, kindergarten, and primary teachers and administrators, caregivers, program directors, and individuals working with and for families, to promote quality care and education for young children.
Over 20,000 individuals working in every aspect of child care and early childhood belong to SECA. They share ideas in local, state, and regional meetings, in professional development institutes, and through the association's publications and resources. Members receive many benefits, including a quarterly journal, Dimensions of Early Childhood, and discounts on publications and conference registration.
In the Spotlight:
A new SECA Reporter is now available!
What’s Happening at SECA is now available!
The April membership e-mail is now available!
The Janie Humphries Student Leadership Application is now available!
Click here to learn more and download the application.
(9) Notification to Members of a Dues Increase
From the Executive Director
In July, the SECA Board of Directors voted to increase the annual SECA dues from $20 to $22 per year. The dues increase will be effective beginning September 1, 2014. This notification is being provided according to the By-laws of the Association. SECA By-laws: Article IV—Dues
- Current SECA dues are $20 per member/per year. On September 1, 2014, SECA dues will increase to $22 per membership year. State dues, as determined by individual state associations, are added to the SECA dues to determine yearly membership dues. States that include NAEYC membership in their dues structure (AL, FL, GA, KY, OK, TN, TX, VA & WV) add the cost of that membership to state and SECA dues to determine yearly membership dues.
- This is the first SECA dues increase since 2004.
- SECA dues include all individual member benefits as well as support to state affiliates.
• Submit a manuscript for Dimensions of Early Childhood
• Submit a book proposal
• Review Dimensions manuscripts or children’s books
• Submit your photos for use in SECA publications
• Submit a proposal for the SECA Conference
Click here for a closer look at SECA
Additional resources related to the SECA Radio broadcasts can be found in the Members-Only Area.
A new SECA Radio interview with Jean Shaw is available now!
Click the SECA Radio icon above to listen.
Dimensions is Going Green (On-line Only) ----But I Want a Print Copy!
We heard you, so we’re offering that print option with an additional subscription. The cost of the print subscription will be $15 per year in addition to your SECA dues. You’ll pay this subscription fee separately each year and we’ll print and mail you a copy. (You will also still have access to the on-line version, so you have the best of both worlds!)
You can purchase the print subscription option in the SECA store or call the SECA office at 1-800-305-7322 and pay with a credit card. We’re pleased to be able to offer you such a low cost alternative.
- Exchange Magazine offers discounts to SECA members. Click here to be directed to the Exchange website.
Click here for more information about the discounted subscription rate.
Searching for the perfect employee? Post available professional positions on our site and have your listing seen by the thousands of professionals who visit the SECA site each month! Click here for pricing and information. Job Listing Request Form (for employers)
Position Title: School Director
Location: YPW Spanish Immersion School, Austin TX
Brief Description: The School Director effectively operates and manages all aspects of the school's programs. The Director will be the manager of all matters related to education and staffing of the school.
For complete job description: Click here
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to Monica Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org